freetds - Re: [freetds] Installing freetds-1.1.20 on HPUX 11.31

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Installing freetds-1.1.20 on HPUX 11.31
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 09:49:55 +0100

Hi,
se below.

Frediano

Il giorno mer 6 mag 2020 alle ore 19:49 todd thompson
<toddthomp AT hotmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> We used this configure statement: ./configure --prefix=/opt/ictest/freetds
> --with-tdsver=auto
> And we received the following error during the make:

> opt/ictest/freetds/freetds-1.1.20
>
> s11u013c:freetds/freetds-1.1.20 $ make
>
> No suffix list.
>
> Making all in include
>
> No suffix list.
>
> make all-recursive
>
> No suffix list.
>
> Making all in freetds
>
> No suffix list.
>
> echo '#define FREETDS_SYSCONFDIR "/opt/ictest/freetds/etc"'
> >sysconfdir.h
>
> No suffix list.
>
> Making all in src
>
> No suffix list.
>
> Making all in utils
>
> Making all in .
>
> CC md4.lo
>
> In file included from md4.c:42:
>
> ../../include/tds_sysdep_public.h:62: error: conflicting types for
> 'intptr_t'
>
> /usr/include/sys/_inttypes.h:114: error: previous declaration of 'intptr_t'
> was here
>
> ../../include/tds_sysdep_public.h:63: error: conflicting types for
> 'uintptr_t'
>
> /usr/include/sys/_inttypes.h:115: error: previous declaration of
> 'uintptr_t' was here

searching for this issue, try to change in include/tds_sysdep_public.h from

#elif defined(__sun) && defined(__SVR4)

#elif (defined(__sun) && defined(__SVR4)) || defined (__HP_cc)

> *** Error exit code 1
>

> Stop.
>
> *** Error exit code 1
>

> Stop.
>
> *** Error exit code 1
>

> Stop.
>
> *** Error exit code 1
>

> Stop.

> I found this explanation on Google:
>

> The package you are trying to build (like almost every package you'll
> find) is written in ANSI C. The bundled HP compiler handles only K&R C;
> you need to either purchase the ANSI C compiler for your HP machine, or
> build gcc and its dependencies first.

It could happen. Honestly I found strange that cpp (the preprocessor,
at least the
classic executable name for it in Unix) does not have an option for this.

But try with the above patch and let me know.

> If this is accurate, we more than likely won't be able to purchase the ANSI
> C compiler. Do you know how to "build gcc and it's dependencies"?

I did once, it takes some times but worked. But it was many years ago,
I would just
search "how to compile gcc under hp-ux". I remember there was also an
open source
repository of compiled programs for hp-ux.
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gnu/gcc-4.2.3/
https://community.hpe.com/t5/languages-and-scripting/how-to-download-gcc/td-p/6899991