freetds - Re: [freetds] Installing freetds-1.1.20 on HPUX 11.31

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: todd thompson <toddthomp AT hotmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Installing freetds-1.1.20 on HPUX 11.31
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 18:32:21 +0000

Hi All,

We used this configure statement: ./configure --prefix=/opt/ictest/freetds
--with-tdsver=auto
And we received the following error during the make:

opt/ictest/freetds/freetds-1.1.20

s11u013c:freetds/freetds-1.1.20 $ make

No suffix list.

Making all in include

No suffix list.

make all-recursive

No suffix list.

Making all in freetds

No suffix list.

echo '#define FREETDS_SYSCONFDIR "/opt/ictest/freetds/etc"'
>sysconfdir.h

No suffix list.

Making all in src

No suffix list.

Making all in utils

Making all in .

CC md4.lo

In file included from md4.c:42:

../../include/tds_sysdep_public.h:62: error: conflicting types for 'intptr_t'

/usr/include/sys/_inttypes.h:114: error: previous declaration of 'intptr_t'
was here

../../include/tds_sysdep_public.h:63: error: conflicting types for 'uintptr_t'

/usr/include/sys/_inttypes.h:115: error: previous declaration of 'uintptr_t'
was here

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

I found this explanation on Google:

The package you are trying to build (like almost every package you'll
find) is written in ANSI C. The bundled HP compiler handles only K&R C;
you need to either purchase the ANSI C compiler for your HP machine, or
build gcc and its dependencies first.

If this is accurate, we more than likely won't be able to purchase the ANSI C
compiler. Do you know how to "build gcc and it's dependencies"?

Todd