freetds - Re: [freetds] Default ANSI settings in FreeTDS odbc driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: LacaK <lacak AT zoznam.sk>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Default ANSI settings in FreeTDS odbc driver
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 13:41:21 +0200

Hi *,

are there any default settings, which FreeTDS odbc driver set-ups upon
connection ?

|setquoted_identifier setansi_warnings setansi_padding setansi_nulls
setconcat_null_yields_null In my case INSERT on table with filtered index
fails with error message, that above mentioned settings must be ON. This
happens only on Linux with FreeTDS odc driver, on Windows with Microsoft
driver this does not happen (so I guess that MS already sets these ANSI
settings by default) Is there way how to set them in any INI file ? Or
should I only send commands: ||"setquoted_identifier ON; setansi_warnings
ON; setansi_padding ON; setansi_nulls ON; setconcat_null_yields_null ON;" |
Thanks
-Laco.

Weird, they should have the same settings. There's a bit in the login
packet that should set odbc/others like settings, if you use the odbc
driver this bit should be compatible with Microsoft drivers.
Thank you for reply.

I can confirm, that these ANSI settings are inherited from Database Properties / Options
(when I set these settings on database then they are inherited in each connection from Linux ODBC; so Linux FreeTDS ODBC driver does not modify this settings)

But it seems, that Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver (at least in Windows) sets own setting upon connection.
So there is different behavior between Linux FreeTDS ODBC driver and Windows Microsoft ODBC driver.
No problem for me, now when I know what happens I can work-around this ...

-Laco.