freetds - Re: [freetds] Parallel connections to SQL Server availability group

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Parallel connections to SQL Server availability group
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 09:55:10 +0100

> I noticed that the master branch of FreeTDS has code to attempt connections
> to all IPs returned for a hostname in parallel. This functionality is not
> currently in the 1.00 branch, however.
>
> This leads to slow connections when using AGs and the client happens to
> pick the wrong IP address to connect to first because the 1.00 branch
> attempts to connection to each IP address in sequence.
>
> Any idea when the parallel implementation of this connection logic will be
> merged to the 1.00-branch or otherwise released?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -j

I usually don't backport new feature.
The master branch is stable for mssql, not for Sybase, there are some
regression due to
different data types.
No idea when 1.1 (so when Sybase will be fully fixed) will be available.

Frediano

  • Re: [freetds] Parallel connections to SQL Server availability group, Frediano Ziglio, 06/02/2017