freetds - Re: [freetds] Freebcp character conversion Issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Freebcp character conversion Issue
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:25:40 +0000

Then the column contains garbage... cipher text means binary and
binary should not be stored in a sysname column which, as Microsoft
documented it, is like a nvarchar(128).

The "workaround" would be to avoid any conversion and save as raw (so
native format without conversions) which currently is not implemented.
Or convert the column to a binary format (I would say varbinary(256)).

Frediano