freetds - [freetds] Freebcp character conversion Issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: <vasanth.sengunthar AT accenture.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Freebcp character conversion Issue
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 06:11:46 +0000

Hi,

Recently, I have been working with freebcp command of freetds driver, where I
came across character conversion issue while trying to back up the table of
MS SQL Server database.
Please look into the below error and help to get rid of the same as soon as
possible.

We did try to declare client charset value with freetds.conf file but that is
not useful either.

Error:
Some character(s) could not be converted into client's character set.
Unconverted bytes were changed to question marks ('?')".

Looking forward to your earliest response,

Regards,
Vasanth

proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it
in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any
other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law,
electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail
and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for
the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance
with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com