freetds - [freetds] [FreeTDS] connection pool

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Xiaobiao Yin <xiaobiaoyin AT outlook.com>
  • To: "freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] [FreeTDS] connection pool
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:35:30 +0000

Hi Experts

I use FreeTDS (linux) to communicate with a SQL server 2005 in Windows,

and tried to use [dbcmd() and dbsqlexec()] 100 times to insert 1 item to
database tables.

The performance is that one insert statement consumes about 2~3ms.

I know there is a so called Connection pool, but it only support TDS 4.2
while SQL server need TDS 7.2.

So in order to optimize the performance, I may need to open 2 or more
connections, it is a little hard to

control these connections.

My question is that are there some ways to optimize the performace.

The target should be 1ms per 1 insert statement.

Any suggetions are welcome.

Thanks

Eric