freetds - Re: [freetds] freebcp adding escaping

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <james.k.lowden AT icloud.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freebcp adding escaping
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 14:04:33 -0400

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 16:29:42 +0200
Fredy Paquet <fredy AT opag.ch> wrote:

> Your CSV parser is very interesting, but it doesn't seem to handle
> the ugly quoting rules for CSV correctly. Also newline within a text
> field isn't processed correctly.
> Isn't there any better implementation around ?

As mentioned in the man page, you might look at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libcsv/.

I don't remember why I wrote my own implementation, other than wanting
to try my hand at writing a parser. Again, if there is interest in
incorporating the feature in FreeTDS, I would be willing to polish it
up. The challenge, btw, isn't so much to parse standard CSV files
correctly. The challenge is that, in practice, many CSV files don't
conform to the standard, yet the library is expected to DTRT
regardless.