freetds - [freetds] Weird tsql behaviour

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thomas, Christopher (LLU)" <cwthomas AT llu.edu>
  • To: "'FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Weird tsql behaviour
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 20:54:44 +0000

Hello,

I got a report from one of the developers that PHP couldn't connect to one of
our databases. This happens every once in a while and I always try to connect
using tsql first to see if it is a PHP problem or a problem much lower in the
stack. Once I connected to the database server using tsql, the line numbers
started to go up and up, automatically. About one digit per second. I've
never seen this before, but I bet whatever is causing this is also making PHP
not be able to connect to the database. I can't figure out what is going on.
Does anyone have any suggestions? The db server is MS SQL Server 2008 R2 with
SP2. The application server is RHEL 7 using the FreeTDS that comes from EPEL,
0.95.19.

Christopher Thomas - Associate Director, Administrative Systems
LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY | Information Services

11172 Anderson Street, Loma Linda, California 92350
(909) 558-7866
LLU Information Systems: http://myllu.llu.edu/informationsystems/
Zoom Room: https://llu.zoom.us/j/9095587866

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated
recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this communication in error and that any
review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify me immediately by replying to this message and destroy all
copies of this communication and any attachments. Thank you.