freetds - Re: [freetds] Starting preparing a new release

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Starting preparing a new release
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:53:23 +0000

> Hi Frediano,
> can you please estimate when probably new release will be released ?
> It is question of 2-3 weeks, or 2-3 months, or more ?

Weeks I would be too optimistic, looking at my recent time schedule
and progresses I hope a couple of months.

> I have prepared precompiled dblib.dll (Win32/Win64) for Lazarus/FreePascal
> project based on current "master" and I would like to know if I should wait
> for new release or publish what I already have.
> Thanks

It's hard to say actually. It depends on how many change will be
included. The SSL fix require some changes in the configuration
(basically certificate must be registered somewhere as it cannot be
automatically accepted).

> I would like to help you, with documentation, but only area where I can help
> is dblib and there was not big changes in functions signatures.
> (I am only aware of : support for new 2008 data types and new DBCOL2
> structure)
> -Laco.

I tried to do a "simple" diff from 0.91 and master... well... more
than 400 files changed and dozen of thousands lines. As libTDS core
changed many optimization improvements went inside all libraries.
Conversions, data types and bulk improvements are just some that came
into my mind.

Frediano