freetds - [freetds] Fwd: FreeTDS on OSX 10.10 losing precision

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Alex Derbes <dervish AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Fwd: FreeTDS on OSX 10.10 losing precision
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 10:03:43 -0500

I have FreeTDS 0.91 installed on Mac OSX 10.10. When Querying a SQLServer
2012 database, columns defined with double precision numbers are truncated
to single precision. I've checked the query with both sqsh and with the
python pymssql driver and get the same result.

Is it possible that I need to set something in my freetds.conf file to
enable double precision math?

Or is it possible that the column definition in the SQL Server database is
being incorrectly marshaled to a single precision number?

Thanks,
--Alex Derbes

The version of FreeTDS came from brew, here is the version information:

freetds: stable 0.91, HEAD

http://www.freetds.org/

/usr/local/Cellar/freetds/0.91_2 (600 files, 10.0M) *

Built from source

From:
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/freetds.rb

  • [freetds] Fwd: FreeTDS on OSX 10.10 losing precision, Alex Derbes, 12/05/2014