freetds - Re: [freetds] Memory leak with 0.92.556 in SQLDescribeCol()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Memory leak with 0.92.556 in SQLDescribeCol()
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 08:35:39 -0600

> On Dec 3, 2014, at 6:00 AM, Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com> wrote:
>
> Can someone point me to the instructions to download FreeTDS dev version?
>
> When I take the sources from https://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds, there
> is no configure script.
>
> The INSTALL file contains instructions to use configure... what am I doing
> wrong?

You have to be on a Unix or Unix-like system with recent autotools installed
and run autogen.sh in a git checkout of the current source. If all goes
well, you should get a configure script. If all does not go well, you may be
building autotools from scratch, which is a rather unpleasant bare knuckle
experience for those of us unaccustomed to such things.

Actually you don't have to be using git as you can get a tarball of the
latest source at any time from this link:

<https://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds/archive/HEAD.tar.gz>

However, you do have to have autotools.

> Why is the www.freetds.org still showing an old "current" download link
> (0.92.377)?

The nightly snapshots have not worked reliably for years and there is an
aversion to putting generated files under version control. The script for
generating snapshots was posted to the list once with suggestions for
improvement solicited but I don't think there were any takers.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."
Brad Leithauser