freetds - [freetds] SQL Anywhere 11 and FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Fisher <ganoopluslinux AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] SQL Anywhere 11 and FreeTDS
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 13:57:51 -0500

OP: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.tds.freetds/11976

Hello, I am new to mailing lists, so sorry if it's bad that I am reviving
this old thread - but I am having the same issue as this guy from several
years back...

I setup a few debian and ubuntu servers to talk to our database(Sybase SQL
Anywhere 11) using sqsh and adodb(php) with FreeTDS. Once configured to
use TDS v5.0, both sqsh and adodb can connect and execute queries on the
database. However, when I began looking at the log on the server I found
that each time either application disconnects, it shows a message like:

>Connection terminated abnormally
>Disconnected TCPIP client's AppInfo: HOST=debian-vm;PID=2605

The database doesn't *seem* affected - as far as I can tell...

The statements return the rows or insert the data.

I see no performance hit, etc... but it is concerning none the less.

I have also tested with SQL Anywhere 10, 11, 12, & 16, all have the same
issue(and so does their development versions). I have tried tsql/isql and
both produce the same error.
Sybase's dbisql/sa_php extension/native odbc client all work without the
error.

I have a FreeTDS log here:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/b9146103bb16d4eb94c9

I will be happy to do any other dump that might be helpful,
including setting up an test environment on digitalocean
for anyone who'd like to take a look.

Thanks to anyone willing to help in any way.