freetds - [freetds] bcp/datacopy numeric columns

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Kendall <john AT capps.com>
  • To: "freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] bcp/datacopy numeric columns
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 07:51:28 +0000

Big thanks to Frediano for fixing bit columns in bcp.

I'm running into a problem using datacopy and numerics now. The decimals get
truncated.

The problem is easy to reproduce:

create table tempdb..tbla (num numeric(10,2))
insert tempdb..tbla values (12345.67)

$ datacopy -c dbo -S SRV/usr/pw/tempdb/tbla -D
SRV/usr/pw/tempdb/tblb

select * from tempdb..tbla
num
-------------
12345.67

select * from tempdb..tblb
num
12345.00

Note we lost 0.67. No error messages from data copy.
The problem occurs with both Sybase and MS SQL Server.
I’m running this on SPARC, if endianess matters.

Thanks,
John