freetds - Re: [freetds] stable freetds release

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sergio NNX <sfhacker AT hotmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] stable freetds release
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:45:10 +0000

> On http://www.freetds.org/ there is a quick link to the latest
"Stable Release". Clicking on Software at the top of the > page displays
the software page with a link to ftp.freetds.org and then clicking on
this link and the stable directory
> link reveals numerous versions. It
looks like the "Stable Release" link on the home page is the
freetds-stable.tgz
> dating back to 08/17/2011 in ftp. Is there a
description of what "Stable Release" means and why the version dating
> back to 2011 is considered the latest stable release when the ftp stable
directory includes many newer versions? Are
> these equally stable?

I had the same problem/conflict a few weeks ago! I just sort all the files by
date and get the lastest one. However, sometimes prior versions have latest
dates! We need some clarifications here.