freetds - [freetds] Freetds with mssql domain authentication error - login packet rejected

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ganesh Ranganathan <ganesh.ranganathan.85 AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Freetds with mssql domain authentication error - login packet rejected
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:36:50 +0530

Hi,

I am using Freetds with unixODBC to connect to a remote SQL server instance
from linux. The linux server has AD integration and I used my domain login
to ssh into the server.

However the TDS (version 7.1) doesnt connect and fails with the error
message

*locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"using default charset "UTF-8"
Error 20002 (severity 9):
Adaptive Server connection failed
There was a problem connecting to the server*

Setting the TDS Dump variable, I ran the command

*tsql -H server.domain.local -p 52890*

The non standard port is used since I am connecting to a named instance
running on port other than 1433

Below is the debug log

*net.c:1370:handshake succeeded!!
gssapi.c:215:kerberos name MSSQLSvc/<server Name>
login.c:466:login packet rejected
util.c:156:Changed query state from IDLE to DEAD
util.c:331:tdserror(0x2139160, 0x2139400, 20002, 0)
util.c:361:tdserror: client library returned TDS_INT_CANCEL(2)
util.c:384:tdserror: returning TDS_INT_CANCEL(2)*

I am able to connect to another server which has a SQL Server
authentication enabled so its not a problem with the ODBC connection
itself. This particular server only has domain authentication enabled so I
am not able to check if SQL server auth is working.

Thanks.

GR