freetds - Re: [freetds] tsql connection attempt returns Message 20000 "No error"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gulati, Samveen" <Samveen.Gulati AT savvis.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tsql connection attempt returns Message 20000 "No error"
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 12:54:24 +0000

Hi James,

Thank you for your response. It helped me solve the problem I encountered
after the one listed here. The original issue of this thread was caused by
incorrect credentials(I.D.I.O.T issue->Different credentials in different
environments).

The problem your response helped solve was :

<snippet>
Message String: Adaptive Server connection failed
at dbConnect.pl line 19
Couldn't connect to DB Host: OpenClient message: LAYER = (0) ORIGIN = (0)
SEVERITY = (78) NUMBER = (34)
Server COL_P_1, database
Message String: Adaptive Server connection failed
</snippet>

This was caused by incorrectly selected TDS version (the default of 4.2
instead of the correct 5.0).

However, the next issue is that arose was that the server refused to accept
the "set textsize ..." command, which I solved by commenting out the relevant
setting from the freetds.conf.

Regards,
--
Samveen S. GulatiĀ | Senior Software Engineer | Enterprise Automation Systems

Savvis, A CenturyLink Company
Salarpuria Touchstone, 2nd Floor
Survey No. 15/1A & 14P7
Kadubeesanahalli, Varthur Hobli
Bangalore, India
Mobile: +91.90.0886.6221
Email: samveen.gulati AT savvis.com
www.savvis.com

Savvis Communications Private Limited | VAT/TIN No.: 29780609228