freetds - Re: [freetds] dbi:ODBC:DSN=... odbc.ini UID and PWD ignored ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: TJ <freetds AT iam.tj>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dbi:ODBC:DSN=... odbc.ini UID and PWD ignored ?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:58:42 +0100

On 20/04/13 00:17, James K. Lowden wrote:

> I don't think restating the table titles in the paragraph aids
> clarity. I made it "tables define". Have a look and see if you don't
> agree.

The confusion is in the later part of the paragraph and, for me as a novice
FreeTDS user, gives rise to the same original confusion.

"They may appear in your connection string, or in odbc.ini."

It is the conjunction using "or" that causes the misunderstanding for me. It
could be that dropping that entire sentence is the solution since the table
titles then become the only source of key
location information.