freetds - [freetds] Huge result files from bsqlodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jochen Daum <jd AT automatem.co.nz>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Huge result files from bsqlodbc
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 22:33:54 +1300

Hi,

When I run a query through bsqlodbc/FreeTDS against a single text
column, I'm getting huge result files.

The command I use is: bsqlodbc -U sa -P **** -S EIS -D
ExportInformationSystem -i attachment.sql -o odbcfile.pdf -e odbcerror

attachment.sql:
select [Attachment].[attaId], [Attachment].[attaFilename],
CAST([Attachment].[attaContent] as varchar(max)) as [attaContent]
FROM [Attachment]
WHERE ([Attachment].[attaId] = 2910)
ORDER BY [Attachment].[attaId]

The text column contains 160832 bytes.

I tried changing "text size" in /etc/freetds/freetds.conf, but it does
not seem to have any effect.

I'm concerned that the query doesn't return anything through PHP on my
web server is that it is running out of memory?

Kind Regards,

Jochen Daum