freetds - Re: [freetds] osql and isql -- how to test ODBC config?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] osql and isql -- how to test ODBC config?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:39:53 -0400

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 21:40:37 +0000
Tony Esposito <Tony.Esposito AT region10.org> wrote:

> One more thing -- is there a way to verify/determine the $ODBC_HOME
> directory (i.e. the home directory for FreeTDS)? In this case it
> would probably return with something like /usr/local/freetds. I need
> to ensure that another product is able to access the $ODBC_HOME/lib
> directory.

I think what you want is available from "tsql -C".

$ tsql -C | grep conf
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script)
freetds.conf directory: /usr/local/etc

The "freetds.conf directory" is also the directory where the ODBC
driver looks for odbc.ini. It can be overridden by the environment
variables listed in the UG.

Your question made me realize this information isn't in the manual.
The environment variables should be listed in each utility's man page,
and the tsql page could benefit from an example of tsql -C (which
should be tsql -V, but never mind).