freetds - [freetds] git push #1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] git push #1
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 17:50:31 -0400

For anyone interested in the git repository, I just pushed my first
commit with

git push ssh://git AT gitorious.org/freetds/freetds.git

It seemed work. I'm still getting the hang of git.

There are two changes:

1. fix code that induces warnings in clang. All innocuous.
2. remove txt2man.

All man pages are now in -mdoc format. It was a few hours' work. The
man pages now look a little better and we lose one dependency. With a
little cleverness, we could have them in PDF format, too.

The warnings were mostly about using // as a comment, something I'm
guilty of. These became either /**/ or #if 0.

The most significant changes are to md4.c and md5.c. Each had a line

memset(ctx, 0, sizeof(ctx));
now
memset(ctx, 0, sizeof(*ctx));

The line intends to clear memory before returning to prevent sensitive
data from remaining in memory. It was clearing sizeof(void*) instead of
the whole structure.