freetds - [freetds] MSSQL Server 2005 - select [field] AS [name] does not work?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "neil AT hencam.co.uk" <neil AT hencam.co.uk>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] MSSQL Server 2005 - select [field] AS [name] does not work?
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:50:16 +0100

I have a unix server which has PHP 5.2.13 installed, and it has access to
two SQL servers (one is running MSSQL SERVER 2000 and the other MSSQL 2005).

It uses FreeTDS - details:

- Version: freetds v0.91
- freetds.conf directory: /usr/local/etc
- MS db-lib source compatibility: no
- Sybase binary compatibility: no
- Thread safety: yes
- iconv library: yes
- TDS version: 7.1
- iODBC: no
- unixodbc: yes
-
- SSPI "trusted" logins: no
- Kerberos: no

And I'm using unixODBC-2.3.1

The MSSQL 2000 server is fine, I can run all SQL statements and use
mssql_num_rows and mssql_fetch_assoc much as you would with MySQL.

However, the MSSQL 2005 server won't work with mssql_num_rows or
mssql_fetch_assoc - you have to use odbc_fetch_row.

That's not really an issue, I assume it's just due to the different server
installs.

However, I have a huge issue with the MSSQL 2005 server connection: I
cannot select a field AS another name!

For example:

SELECT
[EnquiryID] AS "The_Key"
FROM [db].[dbo].[table]

Works fine in my admin application (ie: NOT PHP), but if I run the same in
my PHP environment, I get:

stdClass Object
(
[PK_EnquiryID] => 1
)

You can see it should be [The_Key] => 1

Has anyone any idea how we can get round this, please? I'm tearing my hair
out!

Cheers

Neil
---