freetds - Re: [freetds] Support for AIX 7.1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Support for AIX 7.1
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 12:04:09 -0400

On Wed, 09 May 2012 11:13:25 +0200
Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com> wrote:

> However, in both cases, when looking at the lib directory, it appears
> that it does not produce shared libs, only static libs are created:
>
> $ dump -X64 -H libtdsodbc.a
> (no output)
> $

According to

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/comphelp/v8v101/topic/com.ibm.xlcpp8a.doc/proguide/ref/compile_library.htm#compiling_shared_aix

you need to add -qmkshrobj to CFLAGS: "Create the shared library from
the desired object files, using the -qmkshrobj compiler option".

It might be that the correct command is generated by a later version of
autoconf or libtool. You could regenerate the configure script
using a later version. If that helps, please let us know, and I'll
update the version I'm using for the nightly snapshots.

HTH.