freetds - Re: [freetds] dbdatecrack producing erroneous results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: crunsus <crunsus AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dbdatecrack producing erroneous results
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:16:56 -0400

Thanks a lot for your effort and sorry to have wasted your time,
but it looks like maybe the way that I compiled the FreeTDS lib on Windows
makes it behaving the way it does. It's good that I least I got confirmation
that it has to do with some flag
I need to have said in order to have it running correctly on Windows as well.
I will give it another shot and try to recompile FreeTDS and see if this
changes anything. I would very much want to be able to use tds_datecrack as
it is obviously much faster but like I said, it puzzled me how in my case it
would get wrong results otherwise, I wouldn't go through the pains of
creating yet another function that does the same thing, only slower.
So I will keep on trying and thanks for confirming that this is a problem
specific to my configuration and not a problem with the FreeTDS library
itself which is very reassuring. I am pretty sure that I can overcome any
problems specific to my local configuration as long as there is no coding
issue that needs to be addressed. I'll keep you posted of my findings but it
is comforting to know that the code is sound as it is.

Best Regards,
Crunsus

I compared your function with tds_datecrack looping with a program
from 1753/1/1 to 4000/1/1 (not taking into account time) and I got
same results.

There should be something in the detection of msdblib flag that is wrong.

Frediano