freetds - Re: [freetds] dbdatecrack producing erroneous results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dbdatecrack producing erroneous results
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 20:58:16 -0400

> When reading datetime fields of 8 byte precision from SQL server and
> parsing them using dbdatecrack the date is passed incorrectly for values
> that are outside of what normally one would use (i.e years in the
> distant future like 2300 A.D)

Do you mean datetime2? I did not think the datetime type had a user defined
precision. If you did mean datetime2, I am not sure FreeTDS supports that.
FWIW, I have datetime tested to the hilt in my Ruby C extension of FreeTDS
and it works like a champ with dbdatecrack() in all scenarios.

But moot if your talking about datetime2. Again if that is the case, you may
want to frame your questions and research around that.

- Ken