freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS build issues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David Venus <david.venus AT bi-lo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS build issues
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:31:26 -0500

Hi!

I am trying to build the current 0.91 stable (also tried 091 patched)
release on AIX 7.1 using GCC 4.6.1 and unixODBC 2.3.2. Are FreeTDS 0.91 and
unixODBC-2.3.2 compatible?

The previous error was that "unixodbc_conf.h" could not be found and I
copied it from the top level unixODBC-2.3.2 directory to the unixODBC-2.3.2
include directory. I mention this in case that was the wrong thing to do.
:) [Please see the note below about $(prefix)/include not being used]

The errors I am getting now are in compiling odbc.c.

Here are the commands I used to configure FreeTDS. Could this be part of
the problem?

./configure \
--prefix=/opt/oracle/local --enable-msdblib \
--with-tdsver=7.0 --with-unixodbc=/opt/oracle/
local/unixODBC-2.3.2

Here are the actual errors that I am getting:

In file included from odbc.c:54:0:
../../include/tdsodbc.h:650:2: error: #error SIZEOF_SQLWCHAR not supported
!!
odbc.c:2201:1: error: conflicting types for 'SQLColAttribute'
/opt/oracle/local/unixODBC-2.3.1/include/sql.h:609:24: note: previous
declaration of 'SQLColAttribute' was here
odbc.c: In function '_SQLFetch':

I am not sure what to do about the SIZEOF_SQLWCHAR error. Could it be a
problem in my unixODBC build?

Here is what I found when I compared the sql.h include file and the odbc.c
file:

sql.h line 609:
SQLRETURN SQL_API SQLColAttribute(SQLHSTMT StatementHandle,
SQLUSMALLINT ColumnNumber,
SQLUSMALLINT FieldIdentifier,
SQLPOINTER CharacterAttribute,
SQLSMALLINT BufferLength,
SQLSMALLINT *StringLength,
SQLLEN *NumericAttribute );

odbc.c
static SQLRETURN _SQLColAttribute(SQLHSTMT hstmt,
SQLUSMALLINT icol,
SQLUSMALLINT fDescType,
SQLPOINTER rgbDesc,
SQLSMALLINT cbDescMax,
SQLSMALLINT FAR *pcbDesc,
SQLLEN FAR *pfDesc _WIDE);

The last 2 arguments appear to be different.

Also there are a number of messages like this:

odbc.c: In function 'odbc_stat_execute':
odbc.c:7005:18: warning: variable 'convert' set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]

Are these something to worry about?

This is a follow up question to my questions above about building
FreeTDS-091 stable on AIX 7.1. When I run configure SQLWCHAR is getting set
to 0! What would cause this? I believe this is the cause of the error that
I get which says SQLWCHAR not set.

Has anyone seen a problem with the "-prefix" option to configure? It
appears when I try to build FreeTDS 91 that the $(prefix)/include and
$(prefix)/lib are not being included in "-I" and "-L" parameters. The path
"../../include" is being passed but $(prefix)/include would be
"../../../include" or the full path name which is
"/opt/oracle/local/include". I don't see either of these being passed.

Any hints, tips, suggestions are gratefully welcomed!

This is AIX 7.1 using GCC 4.6.1

Thanks for your time, help and patience!

Dave Venus