freetds - [freetds] OSX 10.7.3 broke my TDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] OSX 10.7.3 broke my TDS
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 20:35:39 -0500

[posted on behalf of Brad Hodges]

I Upgraded my MAC from OSX 10.7.2 to 10.7.3, and my freetds broke

The Symptom is this:

tsql connects to my SQLServer, but seems to completely ignore any
subsequent commands entered at the prompt. Regardless of whether I
enter a valid command, or complete gibberish, the command prompt
returns immediately without doing or saying anything. This has
consequently whacked my sqlserver-adapter, and I can no longer connect
to SQLServer.

I was using .91, worked fine on OSX 10.7.2, then 10.7.3 broke it.
I rebuilt it, tried .92, and the latest .92 build of Jan 14 2014,
nothing, still broken

I realize this is more than likely a Mac issues, as the 10.7.3 release
is apparently flawed, but just in case, has anybody else experienced
this and found a workaround?

Brad Hodges