freetds - Re: [freetds] Does this replace freetds ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Raymond R Rankins <rrr03 AT health.state.ny.us>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Does this replace freetds ?
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 01:33:53 -0500

FreeTDS will still be very useful for those of us that need a way to
communicate with SQL Server from Unix environments like Solaris.
We are still going to need FreeTDS (specifically, I'm using fisql and
freebcp quite extensively to ease a migration from Sybase to MS SQL Server
- it's helping me to avoid having to re-do all the scripts and cron jobs we
had setup in Solaris that ran our nightly jobs against the Sybase
database).

-Ray

Ray Rankins
rrr03 AT health.state.ny.us