freetds - Re: [freetds] Does this replace freetds ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Teale <steve.teale AT britseyeview.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Does this replace freetds ?
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 08:25:37 +0300

James,

MS announced termination of DB-LIB back at SS 2000, and now they are
terminating OLE DB also. .NET though has its own facilities that are
easy to use and well documented

Would it make any sense to do a revitalization of DB-LIB - 'SSAPI' - as
a C interface to specifically address SS, stripping away the generality
and consequent complexity of ODBC to make something that was easier to
use for C and C++ programmers.

Presumably MS is committed to TDS in a way that will not readily allow
them to do away with that.

Steve