freetds - Re: [freetds] Determining column type

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Teale <steve.teale AT britseyeview.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Determining column type
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:58:27 +0300

Andrew,

Yes, you can look at table metadata, and it's not difficult, but as JK
so eloquently points out, that won't help you with 'columns' that are
function results or literals or something else that is not a column
defined in a table.

My bitching was just because I was using the ancient version of FreeTDS
that you get from the Ubuntu package management system. Once I'd built
and installed the FreeTDS version from CVS, everything was fine, and I
get just the same results as from the 'native client' driver on Windows,
which suit my purpose very well.

Steve