freetds - Re: [freetds] Determining column type

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Determining column type
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:21:44 -0500

> Can you think of any way that I can get SQL Server 2008 R2 to report the
> as-defined-in-table column type in the context of a just-executed
> SQLExecute() or SQLExecuteDirect().

Seems to me that this should not be a concern of a protocol library like
FreeTDS but some other higher framework like an ORM, ActiveRecord, CoreData,
etc. Like those frameworks, the manage schema information at another layer
either thru some object model or with schema reflection. Then as SQL is build
there is all the information needed to knit things together.

- Ken