freetds - [freetds] 2008 Data Types For DBLIB

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] 2008 Data Types For DBLIB
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 08:14:00 -0400

So I know this has to have been asked before, but I just wanted a refresher.
Does anyone think they will be needing or working on supporting these data
types [date], [datetime2], [datetimeoffset], and [time] using DBLIB? Right
now they come back to me as SYBTEXT and I was considering coping with them at
that level in my own way for the time being, which seems OK. I think I can
parse out what I need from the string.

Quick question on that. In my codes case for SYBTEXT, I'd like to find the
columns datatype as a string. Is there a way in DBLIB to get that?

- Ken