freetds - [freetds] isql error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Robert Young" <ryoung AT medicalpharmacies.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] isql error
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:32:46 -0300

I've compiled the 2.3.0 version of unixODBC and the .82 version of freetds.
If I run the tsql test, my connection works Ok.

When I follow the first steps from the unixodbc.org site manual for
MSSQL/PHP up to the point of running the isql command to connect to the
database everything seemed to work but isql gives me the following error:

[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
'/usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so' :

file not found

The library file exists where it says it is and is readable.

The odbcinst -i -s -f file command to install the DSN looked like it works
but the verbose listing says the ODBC.INI file was updated but the only file
that exists is odbc.ini and its empty.

Any Ideas

Note the isql command line has the user and password and they're correct.

  • [freetds] isql error, Robert Young, 06/27/2011