freetds - Re: [freetds] bug fixes

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] bug fixes
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 11:42:24 +0200

2011/5/24 Christos Zoulas <christos AT zoulas.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Here are a bunch of fixes, some I sent before:
>
> - Add a new getpassarg function in replacements that centralizes password
>  retrieval from the command line arguments, and setting the command line
>  argument to *'s so that it is not visible with ps. This was done
>  differently in many places. Handling it in one place only makes sense.

merged

> - In tsql add a usage function, and a flag [-a] to set the application
>  name from the command line.

merged

> - Delete trailing spaces from ct.c

merged

> - Fix the freebcp usage to mention queryout.
>

> - bcp queryout broke recently: Fix broken code in bulk.c that attempted
>  to get just the metadata using "select * from %s where 0 = 1".
>  Guess what? %s is not the table name in queryout... Fix it properly
>  using FMTONLY like it was done in freebcp.c. Again this code is
>  duplicated from freebcp.c and we probably don't need to do it
>  there anymore, and we should move the functionality to the library.

mmm.... I discovered that only FreeTDS supports DB_QUERYOUT !!!
Sybase/MS only implement DB_IN/DB_OUT... I'd ask how they implement
queryout... perhaps with a normal processing :)

Now... remove DB_QUERYOUT and fix queryout on our freebcp utility ??
Or implement correctly DB_QUERYOUT... hard to say...
What does you mean by "recently" ??

If stuff worked on 0.82 fo maintain compatibility I would say support
DB_QUERYOUT. If not I would say remove DB_QUERYOUT !!

Bill, James, what do you think ??