freetds - Re: [freetds] dbbind failure on unknown bindtype

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dbbind failure on unknown bindtype
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 00:59:58 -0500

Paul Thurston wrote:

> I did try your suggestion, (and had that set-up earlier) with no joy.
>
> See below for the code for dbbind(...) from dblib.c. This is from the
> v0.83 build of 12/25/2010. Can you point out where the population of the
> (BYTE*) varaddr parameter occurs in this code? I'm not able to locate a
> single spot in the code where varaddr appears (either logically or
> formally) in the left-hand side of an assignment.

You're working too hard, my good man.

dbbind() doesn't write to varaddr. It *saves* varaddr

colinfo->column_varaddr = (char *) varaddr;

so that dbnextrow() can write to the memory at the indicated address.

dbbind() is used by 22 unit tests and bsqldb. Are they working for you?

I would hope a TDSDUMP log of your session will expose the problem.

HTH.