freetds - Re: [freetds] Losing text beyond 255 characters

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "DEPAOLO Catherine" <Catherine.DEPAOLO AT 3ds.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Losing text beyond 255 characters
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 20:19:55 +0000

As soon as I sent this message to the list, I googled the topic one more time
(which I have been doing for 2 days in a variety of ways), but found the
right forum posting this time to solve this problem. The query was casting
the text field to varchar(1000). I removed the cast and voila! The data is
all returned. I'm not sure why the cast was ok on linux32 SLES10 boxes but
not on lnx86_64 SLES11 boxes, so I would love it if anyone could hazard a
guess.

Thank you everyone.

Cathy