freetds - Re: [freetds] How to Turn Off Character Conversion Failed Warnings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Eli Finkelshteyn <vengeanceofalf AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to Turn Off Character Conversion Failed Warnings
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:59:48 -0500

David: Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Frediano: An unpatched version of FreeTDS? I downloaded the latest stable
build from the site a few days ago, so I'd be surprised if that's the case.
Also, we're talking about a column that has all sorts of crap data in it.
People evidently copy and pasted into the program that populated that
column, and the program evidently had no error checking, so now that column
has overlapping code points from cp1252, cp1254, and a bunch of other random
foreign encodings. I'd be very surprised if FreeTDS correctly checked the
encoding and ran separate conversions on each individual value in the
column. I'd also imagine that would be terribly time consuming and wasteful
of resources, so I kind of hope that's not happening.