freetds - Re: [freetds] HOWTO compille FreeTDS under Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David Dick <ddick AT cpan.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] HOWTO compille FreeTDS under Windows
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 06:52:26 +1000

On 16/08/10 23:05, LacaK wrote:
Hi,
sometime ago I posted in this list question with subject "FreeTDS on
Windows", but with no reply ATM.
So I am trying again.
My basic question is how to compile (which compiler) under windows ?

I used Visual Studio 6 to compile what i needed (libct for the perl DBD::Sybase library. I needed to apply some very simple patches to 0.82, which were applied by freddy77, but my compile step was

msdev "$freetds_src_path\\win32\\msvc6\\FreeTDS.dsw" /MAKE 'libct - Win32 Release' /OUT

I need dblib.dll (plus may be some others dlls) as a final product.

I imagine dblib requires a very similar process.

For the record, freetds on win32 has been very stable for me and happily passes 10K application tests including some for stress testing the db connection.