freetds - Re: [freetds] tsql:Adaptive Server connection failed with MinGW Build of FreeTDS 0.83

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Zhouhua Li <zhouhua.li AT gmail.com>
  • To: ikorot AT earthlink.net, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tsql:Adaptive Server connection failed with MinGW Build of FreeTDS 0.83
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:51:04 -0400

I have to correct what I said about client solutions. Ct-lib and
db-lib did get built. Only ODBC failed. (To answer your question, I
have to retrace what I did. I was trying to build two versions of
FreeTDS at the same time. So there was a little confusion.)
However I thinks the failure of ODBC is irrelevant to my question
since I only want to use libtds. I have my own client, like ODBC, that
uses the library.

Anyway, here's the answer to your question. Configure runs fine. It
fails from make. Here's the error:

Creating library file: .libs/libtdsodbc.dll.a
Cannot export SQLColAttributeW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLColumnPrivilegesW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLColumnsW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLConnectW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLDescribeColW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLDriverConnectW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLErrorW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLExecDirectW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLForeignKeysW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLGetConnectAttrW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLGetConnectOptionW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLGetCursorNameW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLGetDescFieldW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLGetDescRecW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLGetDiagFieldW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLGetDiagRecW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLGetInfoW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLGetStmtAttrW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLNativeSqlW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLPrepareW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLPrimaryKeysW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLProcedureColumnsW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLProceduresW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLSetConnectAttrW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLSetConnectOptionW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLSetCursorNameW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLSetDescFieldW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLSetStmtAttrW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLSpecialColumnsW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLStatisticsW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLTablePrivilegesW: symbol not defined
Cannot export SQLTablesW: symbol not defined
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libtdsodbc.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1