freetds - Re: [freetds] sql parameters truncated to 80 char

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] sql parameters truncated to 80 char
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 16:10:40 -0500

On Jun 26, 2010, at 10:16 PM, chad phillips wrote:

running cpan i DBI gives me:
Strange distribution name [DBI]
Bundle Bundle::DBI (TIMB/DBI-1.611.tar.gz)
Module < DBI (TIMB/DBI-1.611.tar.gz)

The DBI driver would not be the DBI version but rather, for example, DBD::Sybase.

I believe I am running freetds-0.82. What is the best way to check that for
sure?

Set TDSDUMPCONFIG in your environment and look at what it says in the resulting log.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Set TDSDUMP in the environment and look at what's actually being sent from the client side.

Whittle down your Perl script to a very short reproducer and post it.

thanks
chad

DECLARE @p1 INT
SET @p1 = NULL
EXEC sp_prepare @p1 OUTPUT, N'@P1 varchar(80)',
N'
SELECT distinct
ses_title,
ses_code,
ses_start_date,
ses_start_time,
ses_end_time,
lrm_name

FROM dbo.ev_event
JOIN dbo.ev_session ON evt_key = ses_evt_key
AND ses_delete_flag = 0
AND evt_code = ''ASA2010''
JOIN dbo.ev_session_ext ON ses_key = ses_key_ext
LEFT JOIN dbo.client_aafp_m09_cme_session ON ses_m09_key_ext
= m09_key
LEFT JOIN ev_event_session_room ON esr_ses_key = ses_key
LEFT JOIN ev_event_location_room ON lrm_key = esr_lrm_key
LEFT JOIN ev_event_location ON evl_key = lrm_evl_key
left join ev_location (nolock) on loc_key = evl_loc_key
LEFT JOIN dbo.ev_session_track_type ON ses_set_key = set_key
where
ses_title = @p1
order by ses_start_date, ses_start_time
', 1
select @p1
EXEC sp_execute 1, 'Cardiac Arrhythmias (including atrial
fibrillation):
A Brief Review of Cardiac Arrhythmias'