freetds - Re: [freetds] sql parameters truncated to 80 char

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David Dick <ddick AT cpan.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] sql parameters truncated to 80 char
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:15:55 +1000

On 27/06/10 13:16, chad phillips wrote:
running cpan i DBI gives me:
Strange distribution name [DBI]
Bundle Bundle::DBI (TIMB/DBI-1.611.tar.gz)
Module< DBI (TIMB/DBI-1.611.tar.gz)

I believe I am running freetds-0.82. What is the best way to check that for
sure?

well you can find the matching Sybase.so file for Sybase.pm using the find command

for example

$ find / -name 'Sybase.so' 2>/dev/null

feel free to replace the root directory reference :)
then you can find the freetds library by calling

$ ldd /path/to/Sybase.so

but how to determine the version of freetds that built that file is a little bit more complicated. I would suggest building and installing your own freetds and DBD::Sybase in a temporary directory and testing from that "known" point. So;

$ tar -zxf freetds-0.82.tar.gz
$ cd freetds-0.82
$ ./configure --prefix=/path/to/temp/directory
$ make
$ make install
$ cd ..
$ tar -zxf DBD-Sybase-1.10.tar.gz
$ cd DBD-Sybase-1.10
$ SYBASE=/path/to/temp/directory perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/path/to/temp/directory LIB=/path/to/temp/directory/lib
$ make
$ make install

then put 'use lib qq(/path/to/temp/directory/lib);' in your perl script and report results.