freetds - Re: [freetds] tds7_get_instance_port timed out

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregor at HostGIS <gregor AT hostgis.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tds7_get_instance_port timed out
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:19:36 -0700

Daniel Fazekas wrote:
Then I'd try 7.0 for starters.

Oh, there we go. Connected! It's a start; at least any issues I encounter now will be at the next layers up.

> Support for MSSQL 2005 and 2008 is still a work in progress,
> as far as I understand.

OK; thanks for the heads-up.

But really you should install the latest nightly copy of
> FreeTDS and try 7.1 or 7.2 as well.

Why? Do 7.1 and 7.2 add something beyond 7.0?

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."