freetds - Re: [freetds] fisql hangs on a query but tsql doesn't

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jklowden AT schemamania.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] fisql hangs on a query but tsql doesn't
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:33:29 -0400

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 04:54:54PM -0500, Robert Marsa wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm having a strange problem with freetds and MS SQL Server. Certain
> queries execute fine using tsql, but hang when using fisql, bsqldb, or my
> app which uses the db-lib API.
>
> The behavior I see is that dbsqlexec() doesn't return. Examining the
> source indicates that dbsqlok() does more-or-less the same thing as tsql
> does.

Hi Robert,

If you would post an SQL script that illustrates what you're seeing, I will
look at it.

We've had this complaint once before and were never able to verify it.
Incorrect result processing is (or at least would be) an important bug.

Also, which version of FreeTDS and server are you using?

Regards,