freetds - [freetds] Need your help.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: <sandeep.poojary AT wipro.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <a_wake AT earthlink.net>
  • Subject: [freetds] Need your help.
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:19:57 +0530

Hi Team,

Need your help...

Server Details:

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP1) - 10.0.2531.0 (Intel X86) Mar 29 2009
10:27:29 Copyright (c) 1988-2008 Microsoft Corporation Standard
Edition on Windows NT 5.2 <X86> (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

We have installed Certificate on MSSQL 2008 Server ( above is the server
details)

Currently backup jobs running with the sql server authentication.

after the installation of ssl , whenever we tries to connect sql server
we get below error.

Error:

2009-12-30 18:46:56.160 Logon Error: 17835, Severity: 20, State: 1.
2009-12-30 18:46:56.160 Logon Encryption is required to connect to
this server but the client library does not support encryption; the
connection has been closed. Please upgrade your client library. [CLIENT:
169.180.200.186]

Regards,
Sandeep Poojary