freetds - [freetds] Using freetds in Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andrew H. Wakefield" <a_wake AT earthlink.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Using freetds in Windows
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:14:37 -0500

I have successfully cross-compiled freetds-0.82 for Windows. I can use
the resulting tsql.exe with an explicit host and port (e.g., tsql -H
127.0.0.1 -p 1433 -U username) and connect to the SQL Server. However, I
cannot seem to find a way to use a server name (e.g., tsql -S SQLEXPRESS
-U username). In Linux, I put the server information into the
freetds.conf file and it works fine. I have tried putting the server
information into freetds.conf and .freetds.conf in the MS-DOS directory
where tsql.exe is running; I have tried setting the environment variable
FREETDS to point to this file. Nothing has worked. Help!