freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS version and issues whiting ORACLE

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Absalom Alcaraz <A5049A AT LVMPD.COM>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS version and issues whiting ORACLE
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:04:21 -0800

I installed FreeTDS to connect to a SQL Server in RedHat 3 with Oracel 10g
version 1.
I can connect and run select statements using isql.
I created the HS Oracle connection and started the listener. I can ping
successfully the database.

When I connect to Oracle and execute a select statement, I got the following
error:
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this
message:
[Generic Connectivity Using ODBC]DRV_InitTdp: errors.h (2059): ;
[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source (SQL State:
S1000; SQL Code: 0)
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from ISATLK

I contacted ORACLE. They review my configuration files and they told me that
my configuration is fine. Oracle advised me that the odbc driver is not
compatible with 10.1 of HS Connectivity. Suggest you contact FreeTDS.

My questions are as follows:

- How can identify if I am using the latest and correct ODBC driver
version compatible with Oracle database 10 release 1?

- Do I missing a step?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.