freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michal Seliga <michal.seliga AT visicom.sk>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and ODBC
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:43:56 +0100

hi james, thank you for an idea

i was experimenting with some more queries (i was doing comparison between
freetds, iodbc and unixodbc tools) and i found one which shows problems even
sooner

'select count(*) from customer' returns correct result when launched from tsql
only, but returns nothing from iodbctest or isql (or qt application). in next
will be using only iodbc because this is what i have to use in future anyway
and
its lowest level which already shows any sign of problems

attached are 3 files

freetds_tsql.log - eberything worked as it should, i tried to use this log in
comparison with one i got when i used iodbctest, but they seem to differ too
much

iodbc_odbctrace.log - problem can be found in stage when SQLFetchScroll was
called and it returned SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND instead of data

freetds_iodbctest.log - i don't know if i am reading this log correctly, its
not
so selfexplanatory as one from iodbc, and it differs too much from log i got
when i used tsql. i don't know what's exactly is wrong, could you please help
me
again?

i clearly see that even first packet sent differs, so it might be actually
problem that freedts doesn't cooperate with iodbc as it should? and as result
it
sometimes works and sometimes not?