freetds - Re: [freetds] varchar column truncated on update

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Marschner, Eric" <emarschner AT alpineaccess.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] varchar column truncated on update
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:30:51 -0700

I ran into this issue as well, and the only thing I could do to resolve it
was make a code change in:

./src/tds/query.c

Change varchar(80) to varchar(max) on line 796 in the
tds7_build_param_def_from_query function. This did not fix the issue
entirely, as I believe my values are being truncated to 8000 when I insert or
update. Ideally, there would be no truncation at all for varchar(max) (~2GB).

I am using the dev build freetds-0.83.dev.20090915 currently.

Eric

Eric Marschner
Sr. Software Engineer

Alpine Access | http://www.alpineaccess.com
Phone: 720.559.4724 | Mobile: 720.201.9468

Find Your Way Homeā„¢

This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail and destroy all copies
of the original message.