freetds - [freetds] varchar column truncated on update

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Alan Humphrey" <alan.humphrey AT comcast.net>
  • To: <FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] varchar column truncated on update
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:22:02 -0800

Hi all -

I have a varchar(4000) column in a SQL Server 2005 database. When I try to
update the column via DBD::Sybase it is truncated at 80 characters.

There is a thread about this issue back in April but there is no resolution.
Is this a problem with a known solution? If not, what can I do to help?
You don't want me digging around in the code, but I can provide log files
etc.

Many Thanks!

- Alan