freetds - Re: [freetds] Malformed Packets

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <brian AT bruns.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Malformed Packets
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:52:48 -0400

Hi Steve,

If you read the comments at the top of

http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/releases/wireshark-1.2.1/epan/dissectors/packet-tds.c?revision=29148&content-type=text%2Fplain

Key to understanding what is going on is the first byte in the TDS portion
of each packet. It could be that there is an open connection and the
webserver (or script thereon) is doing queries, or it could be that it is
attempting to login (unsuccessfully possibly). The packet type will tell
much about what is going on.

Brian